General Meeting Minutes August 10, 2018

The regular meeting of the LAKE PEND OREILLE ANGLERS CLUB was called to order at 6:40p.m. on August 10, 2018 started with the Pledge of Allegiance at the Captain’s Wheel in Bayview by Calvin Nolan.

President – Calvin Nolan; Vice Pres. – Jeff Laybourne; Treasure – Esau Clauson; Secretary – Dawn Nolan
Board members, Doug Sheldon, Randy Whitman, Rick Gillmor, and Scott Chamberlain;

Financials were read by Esau,
Checking balance $4,033.41
Kids account $210
Petty cash $149
Money to deposit $465
approved by Jeff, motioned by Roger Blackstone.

Calvin started with the upcoming Fall Derby

• Using the yardstick and taking a picture for the youth.
• It was brought up that the auction was too close to the derby event. Would like to plan on having this much earlier next year. This year it will be held the day before the derby starts, October 31.
• Use Odie’s as the central base for the top four fish.
• Putting a scale at the Wheel for late fish weigh-ins.
• We need to post the hours for the stations
We took a vote on whether to announce where a weigh-in was done, it was unanimous “NO”. There is no need to announce where a fish is weighed in.
• Doug Sheldon has volunteered to get scales calibrated.
o Need to be state certified – is it really necessary?
o The importance that all the scales are weighing the same.
• Derby fish must use our scales to qualify
• If another scale is used, the fish will be disqualified
• Rules will be set at all weigh stations that fish will be measured on the board first and then weighed.
• We will get our own fish bags that will go to each weigh station
• Ducks
o Will be return to the club to be re-used – numbered only.
o If sponsor of duck wants to purchase the duck on top of the sponsor money, that money will go back to replace that duck. Sponsor will get their name placed on that duck.
• Jim Gaffaney said he has the auctioneer secured.
• JD’s will have hamburgers and hotdogs
o Or do we want to have catered?
• We will need all hands-on deck at the auction (volunteers)
• Was voted on to have a derby t-shirt and a club sweatshirt.
o Roger will check TPI embroidering for prices
o Gary Beitey (not at meeting) from correctional industries (said turn around would be 10 days).
 Price for short sleeve $7.15 (we could sell for $15)
 Price for long sleeve $10.15 (we could sell for $20)
 Hoodies range from $27.45 – 30.15 (we could sell for $40)
 We can save $1.50/shirt if we make the logo all one color. (needs to be voted on)
o Also get prices from Eric – Pyramid on 4th street in CDA
o Need a t-shirt deadline date for sponsorship
• Doug Sheldon had a person call about sponsorship
o What are we offering to be a sponsor?
 $500 sponsor will get logo on the derby t-shirt
 Logo on FB
 Logo on our webpage for 1 year from date of sponsorship.
 Announced during the derby
 We are a 501c3 non-profit
• Need to consider doing ads a month prior to derby.
• Need to see about getting ads for the newsletter –
o State what date we need ads
o If we consider doing this here is a base fee charge for the advertising:
 $125 for Business card blown up to 1.25 size
 $250 ¼ page
 $500 ½ page
 $1000 for a full page

Ralph’s memorial “Octoberfish”
• We have the permit.
• We will help where we can
• Large donations already being donated
• Planning and anticipating a “Big Money” derby
• Length for this derby – will check with what Ralph has had in the past. Club feels it should be the same standard that is already in place with LPOAC club, being 31”. Will check with Chad Cadnum, but Calvin feels he will be on board with our 31” minimum length.

Roger would like to put together instructional videos – Reasons for this:
1. It’s not all about money.
2. We are not just about killing fish.
3. We want to educate on respect of all other fisherman.
4. Respect the fish.
5. How to handle the fish so they may be released safely.
6. Talked about placing on our FB page and possibly our webpage.
7. Possibly emailing out to derby holders.
8. Educating for releasing year-round.

It was suggested by Roger Blackstone to only have one meeting a month, with the board meeting being an hour before the general meeting. This helps those who want to be a part of the club and help and take pressure off so we will get more help.

Website development and PayPal were tabled until those working on that subject are present or more information is available.

Club Hats – are available for sale both in a black or a pink $20 each.

Give a big shout out to Jim Gaffaney for donating to the kids – all he is doing and the trophies and medallions. Thank you, Jim!

50/50 raffle drawing goes to Roger Blackstone, $85 his split, Roger donated back to the club! Thank you, Roger! $160 collected total.
We collected $20 for the kids
We had a club drawing for two new club hats.

Meeting was adjourned at by Calvin Nolan at 8:04pm and 2nd by Rick & Aimee. The next general meeting will be at 6:30p.m. Sept 14, 2018, at a new location – JD’s Hall. Minutes submitted by: Dawn Nolan